As a part of this year’s National RES, the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development honored Native American business leaders and those who have made significant contributions to advancing economic development in Indian Country. The award winners spanned businesses large and small, and also included categories for tribal leadership, gaming, women-owned business, volunteers, and public advocates.
We are proud of all of our winners and look forward to their continued contributions to Indian Country. Below is a list of winners.
- Corporate Advocate of the Year: Comcast NBCUniversal
- American Indian Business of the Year: Gila River Telecommunications
- Volunteer of the Year: Mabel Tsosie, President of Spottedhorse Infosystems, LLC
- Tribal Gaming Visionary: Victor Rocha, Owner and Editor of Pechanga.net
- Tim Wapato Public Advocate of the Year: Lance Gumbs, Executive Director of the Native American Financial Services Association
- Small Business Empowerment Award: Stephen Mills, Founder, President, and CEO of AQIWO, Inc.
- Native Woman Business Owner of the Year: Victoria Vasques, Owner and President of Tribal Tech, LLC
- American Indian Leadership Award: George Tiger, Principal Chief of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma