Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
About NCAIED: The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. We take our motto, “Putting Indian Country To Work” to heart literally and are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native business people realize their entrepreneurial goals. Our motto also has meaning figuratively, as we are dedicated to putting the whole of Indian Country to work to better the lives of American Indian people- both now and for generations to come.
Job Description: The Executive Assistant reports directly to the President/CEO. The Executive Assistant interacts with stakeholders, organizations board of directors, vendors of service, donors, high profile corporate executives, federal officials and other individuals of the public and therefore must operate with a high degree of proficiency. The Executive Assistant enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of the President/CEO by providing information management support and representing the executive to others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represents the President/CEO by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the President/CEO. Screen phone calls, inquiries and requests, and addresses these directly when appropriate on behalf of President/CEO. Manages responses to various incoming emails and phone calls on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Organizing and attending meetings and/or teleconferences in order to ensure the President/CEO is well prepared for meetings. Creates agendas and provides note taking for President/CEO during teleconferences.
- Manages busy and ever changing personal and work calendars for the President/CEO and assists with general organization. Maintain organization calendar of events.
- Makes travel arrangements as directed by President/CEO
- Gathers information, prepares and edits articles for submission to the Graphic Design and Social Media Manager for posting.
- Proofreading of important documents before they are distributed internally and externally.
- Assists NCAIED Board of Directors, planning meetings and arranging BOD travel when required.
- Improves overall quality and efficiency of the President/CEO by studying and evaluating processes and provides recommendations to the President/CEO regarding re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Maintain administrative cloud based filing system.
- Handles confidential information with care and privacy.
- Perform administrative duties assigned by the President/CEO.
- Checks emails and phone calls after hours and on weeks and responds to urgent matters. 24/7 iPhone mentality a must.
- Job will require occasional travel including attending event functions and business meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a college degree or several years of related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A junior level Executive Assistant will be considered if the candidate has excellent drive and can prove ability and desire to grow and learn quickly.
- Experience drafting agendas, presentations and reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Google Apps platform, Social Media, project management software, Blogging, WordPress and the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Phone etiquette and great social skills is a must.
- Flexibility – willingness and ability to adapt to changes in procedure, responsibility or assignment.
- Detail orientated individual.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to foresee needs and be proactive.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Intelligent, personable professional with a solid, steady work history.
- Impeccable references and clean background (full background check will be conducted).
- NCAIED offers a competitive benefits package with the goal of attracting, maintaining and motivation exceptional employees. The salary range is competitive and will be shared with applicants selected for interview. We offer a comprehensive and generous benefits package including PTO, medical and dental covered at 90%, 403(b) with match and non-matched employer contributions and support for professional development.
Qualified candidates may submit confidentially a cover letter with specific points of interest in the position, a current resume, and explicit salary requirements to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: March 22, 2017