Job Title: Event Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Event Manager
About NCAIED: The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. Our motto is: “We Mean Business For Indian Country” as we are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native business people realize their business goals and are dedicated to putting the whole of Indian Country to work to better the lives of American Indian people- both now… and for generations to come.
Job Description: The NCAIED Event Assistant will assist the NCAIED Events Department, and the company as a whole, in various aspects of the planning process of all events, either hosted or attended by the company. The Event Assistant must be able to multi-task in an “event” environment, which is often times logistically robust and fast paced as well as meet strict deadlines and be able to work in a professional office setting.
- Various event administrative tasks (writing documents, mailings, data entry, mail merge, record-keeping, and file management)
- Communicate and provide exemplary customer service and relationship building skills with numerous people (ie: event exhibitors, event artisans, event attendees, various NCAIED staff, etc…) and various personality types via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face
- Generate and organize event registration information and reports
- Coordinate with the Event Manager regarding on-site event duties
- Perform on-site event duties as assigned.
- Assist with emailing/mailing event information packets
- Research, obtain bids and pricing information, and order various event materials including supplies, awards, gifts, prizes, promotional items, etc.
- Conduct research via the Internet, catalogs, and other information sources
- Help out other NCAIED staff members as needed
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Possess a college degree or several years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business/management field, as well as administrative work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and the Google Apps platform
- Social Media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Blogging, and WordPress knowledge a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills is a must
- Phone etiquette and great social skills is a must
- Job will require occasional travel including attending event functions and business meeting
- Flexibility – willingness and ability to adapt to changes in procedure, responsibility or assignment
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of position
- 24/7 iPhone mentality a must
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Intelligent, personable professional with a solid, steady work history
- Impeccable references and clean background (full background check will be conducted)
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- High level of energy
- Strong work ethic
- Strong computer software and hardware skills
- Prior events experience a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with specific points of interest in the position, a current resume, and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.