Job Title: Business Development/ CDFI Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisors: President and CEO
Work Location: Mesa, AZ
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. We take our motto, “Putting Indian Country To Work” to heart and are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native business people realize their entrepreneurial goals.
Summary of Position:
NCAIED seeks a dynamic Business Development/ CDFI (Community Development Financial Institution) Coordinator. This is a unique opportunity to join a non-profit CDFI at the ground level. The Business Development/ CDFI Coordinator will work with the President and Board of Directors to define long-term organizational strategic goals, creating the structure and infrastructure of NCAIED’s new CDFI while demonstrating a strong understanding of the relevant market conditions. This role will coordinate overall creation and development of NCAIED’s CDFI, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and test the feasibility for NCAIED to offer CDFI funding to the businesses we serve.
The Business Development/ CDFI Coordinator will work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase funding and contribution opportunities and thereby maximize operating funds and lending capital for the organization. To be successful, The Business Development/ CDFI coordinator will find potential funders, cultivate key partner relationships, as well as help to develop and implement a business plan for the new CDFI.
The Business Development/CDFI Coordinator will focus on achieving results consistent with the overall growth and success of the organization and its CDFI products, assure that new business lines serve the needs of the target populations and are sustainable, and will continue to promote NCAIED’s leadership role in economic development through high quality and research based recommendations to management.
CDFI Feasibility Study
- Identify and obtain funding sources to support the new CDFI
- Determine market needs and identify business that require access to capital that align with the organizations mission and goals
- Design appropriate loan products to meet market needs
- Develop CDFI policies and procedures
- Coordinate the overall development of the CDFI
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and grant opportunities turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Provide client presentations on products they fund as requested by client
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in financial contributions to the organization.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other contact management system.
- Forecast donation/contribution targets and ensure they are met.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The Business Development Manager position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a combination of 3-5 years of sales or marketing and business planning experience. An MBA is often requested as well.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and the Google Apps platform
- Social Media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Blogging, and WordPress knowledge a plus
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the CDFI industry
- Experience designing loan products, policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills is a must
- Job will require occasional travel including attending event functions and business meetings
- Flexibility – willingness and ability to adapt to changes in procedure, responsibility or assignment
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of position
- Intelligent, personable professional with a solid, steady work history
- Impeccable references and clean background (full background check will be conducted)
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, and a current resume to email@example.com.