RES is back at The Mirage, with DDC as Presenting Sponsor
“This year, RES will reestablish itself as the National Center’s – and Indian Country’s – premier economic development event,” said Chris James, President and CEO of the National Center. “We are bringing together thousands to network, share their wisdom and knowledge, and learn about all of the great developments and economic opportunities for Native businesses and entrepreneurs. From March 5th – 8th, the Mirage in Las Vegas is where Indian Country comes to do business.”
RES Las Vegas 2018 will feature time-honored programs and events such as the American Indian Artisan Market, as well as new offerings essential for any tribal or Native-owned business to be successful. Highlights of RES include:
- Sessions designed to give Native business owners and entrepreneurs the basics in business.
- A workshop on grant writing to assist businesses on the process of procuring funds from grants and how to navigate the grant procurement process.
- A session on STEM fields and how the American Indian Science and Engineering Society develops culturally relevant STEM programs for Native students and communities.
- A “Buy Native” Procurement and Matchmaking Expo to match Native businesses with corporate and federal procurement opportunities.
- A panel session with other leading Native organizations to discuss their shared agendas and mutual initiatives to advance the interests of Indian Country.
- Updates from key Congressional staff so keep attendees can get the latest information on federal legislation pertinent to Indian Country.
In addition, this year’s RES Business Trade show has new features. On Wednesday, all RES breakout sessions will take place on the floor of the trade show, driving foot traffic to hundreds of exhibitors presenting at RES. Throughout the week, the RES trade show will feature stages for exhibitors to feature their products and services to those in attendance. The trade show will also host a marketplace where small businesses can sell their products, from booths purchased at a discounted rate. To become a RES exhibitor, please contact the National Center or visit the RES registration page.
Each day during the conference, RES will host informative sessions with subject-matter experts and leaders across diverse fields. Topics include procurement, tourism, international trade, supply chain management, business diversification, energy, technology, and broadband and critical infrastructure development.
The four new National Center board members will also be officially installed prior to the start of RES. For more information about RES, including how to register, please visit res.ncaied.org. You can also access the most up-to-date agenda, which will be continually updated as speakers and participants are added.
About The National Center: The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. Our motto is: “We Mean Business For Indian Country” as we are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native business people realize their business goals and are dedicated to putting the whole of Indian Country to work to better the lives of American Indian people- both now… and for generations to come.